(This is a slightly altered, important, and controversial post from last year…)
It’s tough out there… that’s why it’s tough in here.
Where is here? The upcoming ASCEND – The Agency Growth & Leadership Summit for agency owners & principals of independent employee benefits firms.
Some agency leaders have looked at the dates & agenda for the ASCEND conference and complained, “It’s being held over a weekend” or “You expect us to attend 10-hour days?!”
Yes, ASCEND runs from Thursday afternoon through Sunday at noon. And, yes, Friday & Saturday are 10-hour days (Saturday includes an awards banquet & entertainment).
There’s no gambling, golf (horrors!), or other distractions (although you do get a lovely cocktail reception Thursday night and the fantastic banquet & entertainment on Saturday night!)
We make no apologies. For leaders of benefits practices, remaining relevant & profitable – never mind growing – is serious business.
For owners and principals of independent employee benefits firms and for benefits practice leaders at independent multi-line agencies, it’s tough out there:
- Commission compression continues to erode top-line revenue and bottom-line profit.
- Chaos around the future of ACA makes it hard for traditional brokers to plan.
- Employers are demanding much more from their benefit advisor than ever before, as spread-sheeting becomes table stakes.
- Competition is increasing as the ongoing mergers & acquisition activity means that a first-tier agency brand name with its advanced capabilities gets slapped onto what has been a second-tier competitor in your market.
- You’re required to make expensive bets (sometimes in the six figures) on what capabilities, expertise, and technology will keep your firm relevant and profitable.
It’s tough out there. That’s why it will be tough there at ASCEND. We’ve planned an intensive, interactive, and collaborative experience for you because that’s what you deserve. That’s what we provided last year at ASCEND 2016 and the results are impressive from many of our attendees.
You’re coming to ASCEND to…
…up your game, to find the proven best practices and growth strategies that will build your business.
…network with & learn from some of the most successful and innovative agency leaders in the country.
…identify business-building strategies in marketing, selling, and practice management that will grow your firm.
You’re committed to attend ASCEND and you are serious about taking your benefits practice to the next level.
We plan to honor your commitment and serious intent by giving you the best and most productive conference experience you’ve ever had.
ASCEND. Four days that will change the way you view of our industry and your future. Four days that will make you an even better leader for your firm. Four days that will grow your business.
Yes, it’s tough out there. But when the going gets tough, the tough benefits agency leaders get themselves to ASCEND.
See you in Nashville, January 26-29!
If you haven’t already registered for ASCEND, go HERE now to reserve your seat.